Intel Graphics Driver needs updating

TOMSTEPHENSON1 15:22 14 Jun 2009

I have just started to use Google Earth. After a couple of minutes into a session I find the program freezes and my monitor goes into a low resolution. I get the message flagged up " ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally" and it goes onto say save my work and reboot. On reboot all is k again.
I have reported the problem to microsoft who say " Intel Graphics Driver has stopped working properly go to Intel to down load and install updates"
That's where it get difficult. The link give me hundreds of products and I have no idea which to choose.
My processor is Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 Ghz.
I would appreciate any input.

Strawballs 15:53 14 Jun 2009

It is the graphics chip that is needed not CPU what is make and model of system or motherboard

chub_tor 18:44 14 Jun 2009

From the Intel website these are the graphics chipset that they supply

Intel® chipsets
Intel® G45 Express Chipset
Intel® G43 Express Chipset
Intel® G35 Express Chipset Mobile
Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset

You should be able to find out from Device Manager which of these applies to your PC and download the driver that you need from the same site.

click here|intgraph_uk_brand|u4C621E|s

TOMSTEPHENSON1 18:52 14 Jun 2009

Hi, the system is an "e machine model 3230" from pc world. Sorry I dont know how to id the graphics chip.
I've been into my device manager. I can see system devices / motherboard it just gives the Intel interface controller details.
I have also been into display adapters, it gives the Intel ref no. For the graphics controller.
Could these help?

chub_tor 20:09 14 Jun 2009

Yes the number in the display adapter is what you are looking for, for example my laptop says Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family so I know exactly what driver to look for.

woodchip 20:19 14 Jun 2009

Try Right Click My computer\Properties\Hardware\Device Manager click on Graphics try choosing update drive on driver tab. let it sear the net for a driver

woodchip 20:20 14 Jun 2009

search not sear

TOMSTEPHENSON1 03:07 15 Jun 2009

many thanks all. I have got it sorted out now. Tom

TOMSTEPHENSON1 03:07 15 Jun 2009

resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?