INTEL CPU CORE 2 DUO E6700 Processor

woodm01 12:03 11 Feb 2007

I am thinking about upgrading to this processor. What would be the best heatsink/fan to purchase and if must be able to fit onto a GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 MOTHERBOARD.

Any help appreciated.

M Wood.

bennyhillslovechild 12:13 11 Feb 2007

That motherboard will take the processor. And the Artic Cooling freezer 7 pro is well recommended as a HSF

ed-0 12:16 11 Feb 2007

As per bennyhillslovechild. You board will take:-
click here

woodm01 12:23 11 Feb 2007

Are you sure the heatsink / fan will fit on this motherboard as there is cooling pipes around the side.

bennyhillslovechild 12:27 11 Feb 2007

Yeah it should do...
it's website is here
click here=

Looks like it fits straight in the mounting holes, without using an adapter. Position the fan end by the Ram sockets, blowing towards back of case.

woodm01 12:42 11 Feb 2007

I currently have IDE hard drives, is the SATA2 drives as easy to install as IDE, do they just slot in and auto configure, as I don't want to use raid.

bennyhillslovechild 12:44 11 Feb 2007

Yeah, sata drives install in the same manner if not using raid, slot in, connect cables and plug into motherboard. Work a lot faster than IDE, but I personally always think the connections never pug in quite as satisfyingly into the motherboard as the old IDE ones - but then I'm probably just a bit wierd. But yeah, in answer to your question, a doddle to fit.

johnem 12:59 11 Feb 2007

You may need drivers for your SATA HDD, download them before fiitng.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?