INTEL APPLICATION ACCELERATOR

sexgodmcr 13:41 30 Jun 2004

I have just purchased a Liteon DVD+/- RW and installed it in my WIN XP HOME pc. The drive came bundled with Sonic MyDVD software which will not install as it says that I have to uninstall the Intel Application Accelerator driver from my system - anyone tell me where to find it and how to uninstall the begger?

buscrew 16:27 30 Jun 2004

Its on the Intel site click here but if you haven't downloaded and installed it you probably don't have it. If you have it's removed in the normal way via Control Panel/Add Remove Programs.

hugh-265156 16:39 30 Jun 2004

sorry i can give a direct link but here is the text from a search click here

'Setup has detected the following incompatible software: Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) Driver'

Symptom
When trying to install MyDVD Deluxe/RecordNow, I get the error "Setup has detected the following incompatible software: Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) Driver. It must be uninstalled before continuing. Would you like to uninstall this now?"

Solution
Intel's Application Accelerator version 2.3 is incompatible with DLA on computers using Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. If this graphics driver is installed on a computer with DLA, the computer will crash when it is restarted. This problem can be resolved by restarting your computer in safe mode and switching to the Microsoft driver provided with your computer's operating system. Consult your operating system Help file for more information'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires