integrated card reader

je-haz 09:09 05 Oct 2007

Hi,

I bought a new Dell Vostro 400 (win vista x32) about 3 weeks ago, which has an integrated Teac 13-in-1 card reader.

At first, the SD card reader worked fine.
3 weeks on, it wont recognise any cards or format them.

It is a mounted drive and it detects a card going in/out, but it just wont read them. It says "you will need to format this card before you can use it". Yet format just hangs.

This is the same for a 128mb and a 2gb card, which both work in my laptop/camera/tom tom.

All I have done since owning the PC is install standard software and printer drivers.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
James.

Technotiger 09:12 05 Oct 2007

Could be a faulty reader - only three weeks old, I would take it back and get it sorted.

ventanas 10:13 05 Oct 2007

I've got the same reader in my Dell, and have never been too impressed with it. It just feels cheap. It does still work though, but my intention if it ever packs up is to buy another USB reader, and just remove the Teac.

But it is well worth a call to Dell support. Despite what some here may say, I've always found them ok. If it is faulty they may well send you a replacement which is very easy to fit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?