insufficient memory

k_g2000 13:22 30 Nov 2003

Hi guys just switched on my pc this morning opened a word document and was presented with the message: There is insufficient memory or disk space to complete the operation.
Is this a mem or space allocation problem, I am using microsoft office xp pro, can I reallocate mem? My system shows I have more than plenty free mem and I have at least 150gig free hard drive space. Can anyone tell me the cause of this sudden upset? Any ideas? Hope its not a virus?
Norton's running a check right now.
Thanks for any help.
K_g

Diodorus Siculus 14:18 30 Nov 2003

http: // support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224054

HAve you tried to reboot and try again? It is keeps happening, then try the above link.

Steven135 14:22 30 Nov 2003

This happened to me last week I'm using Office 2003 and WXP Pro. I did a check disc and all was well again.

k_g2000 18:29 30 Nov 2003

Thanks guys for the input.

A restart sorted it out but what caused this?
The problem occured after I tried opening a word .doc on a learning resource site, Norton blocked the script as malicius and that was that.
Then when trying to open anything in word insufficient message appeared but when word run o.k again after restart the original doc I tried opening on the resource site had been recovered by word and could be opened, was this doc stuck in mem? or could this be a conflict between Word & Norton?
Thanks again guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017