InstallShield problem

Ancient Learner 12:03 25 Jul 2007

I am trying to install some new software.
I get an error----- 1607 Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime-----
When I ask for help from the software supplier, I am told that I ned to do a Windows repair to fix it.
Fine. But I am using my Laptop, an Acer, which doesn't seem to be supplied with a Windows CD, only something they call a System CD and parts 1 and 2 of Recovery CDs, and, as far as I can tell, using these would format my drive, which is not what a repair would do.
I am reluctant to try out this System CD in case it goes beserk andgets out of my control without some word that it would provide the needed Repair mode.
Has anyone any experience of using this CD?

If that is a failure, could I use another Windows CD from my Desktop PC to do the repair?

VoG II 12:09 25 Jul 2007

Try this click here

namtas 12:10 25 Jul 2007

Some systems such as DELL come prepared as yours but provide for a windows CD to be created to disc by the user. Have you looked to see if this is possible?

Ancient Learner 12:22 25 Jul 2007

Thank you.
VoG™. I spent a couple of hours yesterday, attempting to follow these instructions, but some were not possible because the things weren't there to be altered, and all in all I eventually gave up on it. (with a headache!)

namtas.Can you say where I might find out about this please?

Ancient Learner 12:34 25 Jul 2007

I should have said, perhaps, that my PC uses a fully bought copy of XP pro, rather than the version originally supplied with the PC. So I wondered if that might work in these circumstances.

Ancient Learner 14:29 27 Jul 2007

I can't get any of the suggestions to make a difference. So I'm trying a different thread.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?