INSTALLING WINDOWS XP UPDATE

MOLITTLE 09:46 01 Dec 2009

Can anyone explain why I keep getting the same update message:

Yellow shield is shown on bottom right of screen

Installing Update for Windows XP KB967715(Update 1 of 1).

It advises Express Install which I take.

It is always the same number - is this correctas it seems strange that it would be asked for more that once.

Would be grateful for advise.

Clapton is God 10:20 01 Dec 2009

Have you re-booted the PC since installing the update?

johndrew 11:22 01 Dec 2009

It could be a corrupted download. Uninstall the update and get a new copy from MS. click here or click here

Pamy 13:53 01 Dec 2009

did the update install or did it fail? If failed it will keep being there to install but never does

MOLITTLE 18:16 01 Dec 2009

I have just watched and it completes and says DONE and the yellow shield disappears.

I don't now if I have to Unistall the update as advised by John Drew. If I have to how do you do that ??

Thank you for your help so far.

birdface 09:26 02 Dec 2009

You can stop it showing by running a manual Microsoft update and when it shows click on it and another box should open underneath it.Just tick the square not to show update again.And that should stop it showing again.
To remove update.Try Add remove.make sure you have show all updates ticked at the top and then pick the one that you want to remove.

MOLITTLE 22:01 02 Dec 2009

I clicked on your Green link Microsoft update but out of those listed I cannot determine which one is the Manual one that you suggest I use.

Thank you for your help so far

Kevscar1 10:52 03 Dec 2009

it should be the latest one

Kevscar1 13:21 03 Dec 2009

you need to go to setting control panel in your start menu. I think it,s program and features on XP let it find all your progs then scroll down to the last Microsoft update. Right click, unistall then go to the Microsoft update site and download again

Sea Urchin 16:28 03 Dec 2009

Programs and Features is Vista - on XP it's Add/Remove Programs.

MOLITTLE 00:17 04 Dec 2009

I know I am going to sound extremely thick to all the experts out there but I found Add/Remove programs but I could not see
Update for Windows XPKB967715 in the list.

I found an entry somewhere,I looked in so many places I am not sure where it was now but you could select SHOW RECENT UPDATES. This particular update is showed every single day with a green tick status SUCCEDED.

I clicked on it and the description was:
Install this update to resolve an issue in which Autorun features were not correctly disabled.

I am a bit fearful of clicking on too many icons incase I mess it up as I know it hasn't failed as each time it says SUCCEDED.

Any more advise on how I find it listed would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?