Installing webcam...windows is asking for files!?

vaughan007 00:05 23 Nov 2004

Hello all,

Operating system Windows 98SE

I am trying to install the webcam software for the Logitech Quickcam Express and it keeps asking me for the following files:-

kmixer.sys
ksuser.dll
stream.sys

Then when I insert the windows 98 disk it tells me that the ones on my disk are older than the ones on my system. Whether I click yes replace them or no leave them doesn't seem to matter.

What do I need to do? I am stuck!

Thanks.

hugh-265156 00:57 23 Nov 2004

bump^

would like to know the answer to this myself for reference. a friend of mine had exactly the same problem a few months back after purchasing a second hand computer from a local company. it came with windows '98 starts here edt' what ever that is and it displayed this error, requested these files 'kmixer.sys ksuser.dll stream.sys' when he tried to install a new c media soundcard.

tried all the usual sfc and downloading the files needed didnt make any difference. could not re install windows 98 from the disc supplied so he purchased a new pc with xp in the end.

sorry i cannot help.

vaughan007 01:02 23 Nov 2004

I am currently installing DirectX 9.0.....which should replace those files its asking for....I'll let you know how I get on!

hugh-265156 01:07 23 Nov 2004

did that too and it didnt work. 9b

hugh-265156 02:39 25 Nov 2004

just bumping this up for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?