installing wanadoo on linux

computer_madness 19:24 08 May 2006

Hi
My mums computer is connected to the internet using Wanadoo Wireless and talk. I also connect to the internet with the same LiveBox but using the wireless router. I am currently using Windows Xp Home. But I want to use Linux instead. Is there anybody who knows how to install wanadoo wireless and talk on linux. Without my mum finding out that i have been messing with the connection. Any Info will be great full

Thanks.

mgmcc 08:05 09 May 2006

When you use a router, you don't normally "install" anything in the computer - the network adapter just connects to the router.

If your wireless adapter has previously been connected to the Livebox (because there is a special procedure for connecting third-party adapters to a Livebox), you should be able to configure the adapter in the Linux network adapters section so that it connects. I have SuSE 10 and my Belkin USB WiFi adapter actually seemed easier to set up in Linux than Windows, there were no additional drivers needed and no additional wireless software - it just got on with the job!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?