installing visual basic 2008

Chirag 13:50 10 Apr 2008

I have tried to install visual basic 2008 express edition a couple of times on my laptop now but it keeps showing an error and causes the setup to end. It downloads all the files it needs but when it attempts to install the pre-requisites an error is displayed saying "error occurred during setup".

What is the problem? I have a Windows Vista Home Premium operating system, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz processor.

Terry Brown 14:05 10 Apr 2008

It could be a firewall (built into Vista) that is blocking the setup. have a look at this site click here
for possible problems.
Terry

Chirag 14:18 10 Apr 2008

Thanks for your suggestion Terry, but I do not understand what you meant by the firewall blocking it? Please can you explain in more detail thanks

Terry Brown 14:33 10 Apr 2008

Vista is very protective of the programs it will allow you to install, unlike XP, which would allow you to install most software. I strongly suggest you go to the website above and read through the post, especially this link click here. Hope this helps
Terry

Chirag 16:37 10 Apr 2008

I downloaded the update from the link you sent, When I try installing it it fails. Any ideas?

Chirag 17:12 10 Apr 2008

I think the problem is fixed now, it was something to do with the Windows Transaction log (something along those lines). After clearing the log and restarting the computer, I have tried the visual basic installation and it is installing! hurray! many thanks for your help Terry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?