Installing Vista

Danny Barnard 22:48 22 Jun 2009

Hi all I'm gonna be building my PC in a little while it's the first time I've done it and therefore have little experience with it. I don't have any real issues so far but have a few things I don't fully understand.
When I install my operating system I'm gonna use vista,(yes vista) 64 bit. It's just a little thing but when I set up my PC and I boot the PC from the vista disk how does it read it? Don't I have to install the drivers for the DVD drive I'm using the LG electronics Blue ray drive. But how do I do this without installing vista? And circle continues... I assume the blue ray drive some how installs the drivers when I plug it in then. Am I right in thinking this? Or does it install enough so it can recognize a boot disk? Also I've read thats it's good to have an internet connection while loading the OS? How does it do this? Could I just plug it in the wall? I fail to see how an internet connection can be made without using the OS to set it up. Also I'm at uni so when I set it up I will have to have internet 'approved for me' as in its not just a free hole in the wall. Will this be a problem?

Whether you install your motherboard CD 1st or simply insert your 64 bit Vista is a choice you make on a new Pc
64 bit always recognises all hardware but some software programs can be difficult since the programmers have not updated to 64 bit most software progs are 32 bit
My No 1 PC runs 64bit Vista Ultimate and other than software which are now onboard the HDD as X86 progs I have had no real problems
My No 2 PC runs 32bit Vista and this will become my gaming PC especially for my grand children benefit. Again the 32bit syndrome by gaming programmers
Check all your cable connections 3 times before you power up I know it is alot easier nowadays because most motherboards are colour coded so you should not do it wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?