Installing trial software twice

VNAM75 19:30 20 Mar 2008

Is it possible to install trial software again once it has expired? I 've uninstalled, deleted the program folder in program files, downloaded a fresh copy of the trial software, installed in a different location, used registry cleaners etc and none of this works.

It still detects that the original trial period has lapsed. The program in question is netobjects 10 but it is the same with other software too.

Technotiger 19:33 20 Mar 2008

No, I don't think it is possible, otherwise everyone would do it and the makers would be well out-of-pocket. If you like it, why not buy it!

woodchip 19:34 20 Mar 2008

Yes by first removing fully from Windows Explorer, then Doing a System Restore. But they tend to hide a file

lotvic 19:38 20 Mar 2008

"Is it possible to install trial software again once it has expired?"

No

what has happened to you is how it works. The first trial leaves a very well hidden note of itself in the registry to stop you reinstalling as you tried to do.

I am not aware of anyone who has managed to overcome this - and it is by design or the software companies would soon run out of paying customers :)

The only way I know that would work was if you formatted the harddrive and did a fresh install of the op sys from scratch.

VNAM75 19:39 20 Mar 2008

OK thanks. I thought it would be more simple than that (don't want to do a system restore)

I was more curious than anything, because the software got the better of me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?