installing Sims2 expansion pack help

cliff100 11:19 03 Mar 2010

My Daughter is running a PC with Vista and wants to play the game SIMS2. We have loaded the main game and then we need to load the expansion packs, I have found the order they need loading and when I try to install the first one and get as far as entering the serial codes. The next screen asks what folder the gae should be installed in ; it gives me an example e.g EA games/ open for business. I click next and it just comes up with quit install yes or No.
No takes me back to the last screen I then enter another folder location but get the same problem. I have been on the Sims web site and can not find anything to help. Has anyone got any ideas.
Thanks Cliff

Devil Fish 12:57 03 Mar 2010

if you havent done so try running the origional game make sure its patched up to date the try installing OFB

cliff100 14:03 03 Mar 2010

Thanks for the reply but that was the first thing I did, making sure everything worked. All updated. and still the same

cliff100 21:54 29 Apr 2010

finally got someone at Ea games who hada n idea what was wrong got us to make a new user account and transfer all docs etc over to that and all works fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017