Installing printer driver (Windows 95)

User-73C037C1-C6E4-4B3E-BFB2CBC061F1AED8 12:29 03 Mar 2008

I propose to give an Epson C62 printer to a friend who is running Windows 95. On the assumption that there will be no driver in her machine I have downloaded the driver (and Status Monitor) from EPSOn.
Am I right in thinking I just copy the (.EXE) files to her Desktop and run them Or is there more to it??

PeterC

Clapton is God 12:39 03 Mar 2008

"Am I right in thinking I just copy the (.EXE) files to her Desktop and run them"

That's correct - assuming that the driver is OK for Win 95

Stuartli 12:39 03 Mar 2008

Unless the website states anything to the contrary, the answer is yes.

xania 12:41 03 Mar 2008

As with all such devices, you need to ensure that you install things in the correct order. Some want the drivers installed before you attach the hardware - others the other way round. So make sure you have the installation instructions and follow them to the letter. If you don't, you may not be able to go back and correct the problem without re-installing Windows.

Stuartli 14:06 03 Mar 2008

As it's a parallel/USB1.1 printer, the installation of the driver shouldn't prove to offer any particular problems.

Even if you did, it wouldn't involve having to reinstall Windows 95...:-)

The setup guide can be found at:

click here

My apologies - I posted this question using the wrong email address so had not seen the responses. I got this printer working OK and peace broke out6 some time OK.
Repeated apologis for the delay in acknowledging your responses - now how to I get thew correct email address into the Forum? :-)

xania 08:38 17 Mar 2008

Go to <Edit Profile> - top left of the screen just above <Your POstings>. And could you now mark this thread as resolved, please.

Xania
Thanks for the response. I had already puzzled it out and gone back to my Demon account (pppc) and I thought i had marked both this and the HP problem resolved.
Many thanks again

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?