Installing Oracle 9i Please help

suburban train 11:14 02 Oct 2003

Dear All

I have loaned Oracle from my uni and ive got problems tyring to install it. Ive asked for help but they say its my responsibilty.

The problem is i dont know how to get past the SYS password and system password.

Also when i try to run SQL plus it asks for a username and password how do i get past this.

Can anyone help?

Sir Radfordin 11:25 02 Oct 2003

I think that when you install it as a stand-alone version you need to create a database for which there will be a default password.

When you asked the Uni for help did you actually say what the problem was - they should be able to supply you with the correct passwords.

I'm guessing you have got a lecture that involves the use of Oracle 9i so it may be best to have a quick chat with them and see if they can offer some help.

Also may be worth looking on the disk to see if there is a 'readme' or help file that will contain the answers for you.

Big Elf 11:29 02 Oct 2003

Try 'appsys'

abc77 12:33 02 Oct 2003

Try username 'scott' and password 'tiger'. I hope they are still using the same one as 8i. If not try user name 'system' and password 'manager'.
However, you still need to know where to store your database. Oracle has a very good web site I think the address is: click here, you can search for some useful documents from there.

suburban train 14:52 02 Oct 2003

Thanks for your replies and I will try to install it again,

when loading SQL plus which username/password is used for that/?

abc77 15:05 02 Oct 2003

use both for everything unless you create your own.

Sir Radfordin 17:24 02 Oct 2003

Scott and Tiger are the ones that I had when I borrowd a an earlier edition of Oracle from Uni...and were the ones I was trying to remember this morning!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?