Installing NIS 2007

frostysnowman 18:16 16 Jan 2007

I am installing NIS 2007 on WinXP SP2. Instead of removing my old security program (NIS 2004) would it be better to do a clean reinstall of WinXP. Would there be any problems installing NIS 2007 on a system, which, since it was a clean reinstall did not have the latest Windows Updates installed? I also have running at present Windows Defender, Ad-aware and Spybot S&D. Will I be able to reinstall and use these programs without any problems after I have installed NIS 2007? Thanks for any advice.

i did a complete re install and it let me, install nis 2007 first and foremost, then i updated windows, symantec recommend no other security software as it can clash, i had a problem with a2, i think its only programs with realtime protection!
i still use ad aware as a stand alone. hope this helps

frostysnowman 18:29 16 Jan 2007

Thanks for your reply. Do you update NIS 2007 before updating Windows?

you have to its all in with the install, think you have to do a full scan after updates too, then it tells you that your secure, slinks into the background and you can get on with your other updates, i dont jnow what nis 04 was like but 07 is 50 times better than the 06 version, good luck

frostysnowman 18:52 16 Jan 2007

Tnanks again for yout very quick reply. I notice on reading the NIS 2007 user guide that where it says 'Before You Begin' it states that you should ensure that you are connected to the Internet. Does this mean just for the updates at the end of the NIS 2007 installation as I would have thought it would be a security risk being connected to the internet whilst installing a security package and not having any anti-virus or firewall running.

The 12th Man 18:52 16 Jan 2007

Hi frostysnowman. You may or may not know buy NIS 2007 has a free add-on pack availble from click here. It has parental control, anti spam, ad blocking and other stuff. I'm not sure why they left all that out on the relese. NIS 2006 had it as an option to install. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

frostysnowman 19:01 16 Jan 2007

Thanks for your advice about the Add on Pack. I was puzzled as to why it was left out of NIS 2007.

sunny staines 19:04 16 Jan 2007

once nis2007 is installed and running you can then reinstal A2 and it lives alongside nis2007 with no problems. its just for the install its best to delete all security software but add them afterwards.

as i remember i plugged into the net when it put a window up telling me to, i had windows firewall up anyway, because nis turns ir off on install

im just thinking about this, i dont have any norton disks, so when i did my compaq recovery it already has 06 version in recovery partition and the first thing it asks is if you want to install norton or remove, so i installed, updated, then went to the free upgrade site to 07 version, updated that, then went about installing/ updating other programs

frostysnowman 11:23 17 Jan 2007

Thanks again for your reply. Can you tell me what 'A2' is please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?