installing new seagate hard drive with disc wizard

Ballie 10:21 13 Jul 2008

This might seem like a really silly question so I will apologise in advance.

I am waiting for a new 320GB Seagate ide hard drive to turn up from ebuyer, I will be using the Seagate disc wizard software to clone my current 120GB WD hard drive that is almost full.

I have read the disc wizard instructions but it doesn't say if you need to format the disc? I know I will need to install it as a slave drive first before I can copy my old disc to it, but does disc wizard format it before it clones your drive or will I need to format it in xp first?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:48 13 Jul 2008

some drives come preformatted.

can't tell until its connected.

just run the software and see if there is a format option if not then use disk management in windows to format first.

and no its not a silly question.

citadel 11:11 13 Jul 2008

i used seagate disc wizard and it did it all auto. it prints out the stage by stage instructions before you start.

DieSse 12:51 13 Jul 2008

You don't need to do anything to the drive - disk wizard does the lot for you.

Just another confirmation.

Ballie 22:13 15 Jul 2008

I have just installed a seagate 7200.10 320GB hard drive ST 3320620A the drive has been formated in winxp and now shows up as a hard drive in "my computer". The disc is set to slave (no jumper) and my primary hard drive is a Western Digital 120GB.

I have installed the disc wizard software on to my WD drive that currently contains win xp (sp3) operating system but when I run the disc wizard software it analyses disc C (my WD hdd) and then it analyses disc E (my new seagate drive) then it says that to use this software I need to have at lest one seagate or maxtor drive installed!

Can anyone help me make seagate disc wizard software recognise my new seagate drive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?