installing Nero 6

palinka 12:10 04 Aug 2004

I've been using the free 30day trial version of Nero and have now bought full software. Is it best to delete the trial copy before installing the new disk; or does it make no difference? I just wondered if the two would conflict with each other.

christmascracker 12:21 04 Aug 2004

mmmm, not sure. I used the 30 day trial too and then bought it but it was just a case of "buying" the serial number direct from Nero. Entered the new number and it was automatically upgraded to the full version.

Have you bought the actual disc?

keith-236785 12:42 04 Aug 2004

my option would be to uninstall the trial and do a fresh install of the full product...then you can be sure of no conflicts.

palinka 12:45 04 Aug 2004

Yes, christmascracker, I've bought the actual disk. I think I'll follow paperman27's advice and uninstall the trial copy first.
Thank you both.

€dstowe 12:48 04 Aug 2004

Even if you bought a disc, all you need to do is go into the help files/registration or similar and insert the serial number you have been given with it - no need to load the disc unless you trial version is way out of date. If you bought over the net, the downloaded number will have instructions.

Remember to update when you have it loaded, whichever way you have obtained it.

€d

palinka 12:58 04 Aug 2004

thanks very much, €dstowe. I'll do that. (the trial period still has a time to run)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?