installing Kaspersky internet security 6 (free sof

thetruth 16:48 15 Nov 2006

Having trouble. Have registered but set up wizard won't accept the code (31 character registration code?).

New to this sort of thing however other comment is wixard made me uninstall McAfee trial but not my current F-Secure suite - I am loathed to delete it when I'm having so much trouble, but I do want Kaspersky instead.

Step by step instruction would be helpful please

jupe 20:18 15 Nov 2006

as 1; also having trouble registring for free 180 days trial of kasperky it should be easy but is not needs to be simplified for every one not very good for pc advisor or kasersky do you want people to have a free copy ??

LaserSailor 13:13 16 Nov 2006

You need to read the CD cover which tells you to log onto this site and get the code. You just then paste it into the registration section.

BTW - the programme conflicts with Outlook Spam settings and picked up some Virus' that were not. Reckon I'll uninstall it and go back to Zone Alarm

RickyC :-) 16:18 16 Nov 2006

You need to go online to register for the serial number. There’s a link from the CD, next to the install button. You can either click there, or click here and follow the instructions to get the code.

The 30 digit code you’re referring to is probably the confirmation code for your membership of this website. Once you've confirmed your membership, click here - sign in, and then complete the software registration page.

You will then be emailed the code. Please contact me directly if this doesn't work as expected.

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

thetruth 18:02 16 Nov 2006

Sorry to be a pain but I have followed these instructions so how do I get the code, what does it look like?

I have written because you didn't say how to contact you, also do I need to shut down F-Secure i.e. what is the correct process for installing as I'm concerned about security?

Or should I just go direct to Kaspersky?

RickyC :-) 09:54 17 Nov 2006

thetruth,

After visiting click here and clicking on the 'register for software' button, you will be taken to a page containing a code (four sets of five digit numbers). This code will also be emailed to you.

Looking in the database of registered users, it appears that you haven't yet registered for the software. I suggest that you click here and click on the 'register for software' button.

To contact me directly, either click on the yellow envelope to the left of my user name (above), or use my email address which can be found in the contacts page of the magazine, or on the cover disc introduction page.

kind regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

thetruth 17:57 17 Nov 2006

Richard - thanks - I was misreading the button as a heading (naive or what)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017