Installing Genie Soft from cover disk

HUGOMAT 10:26 23 Jan 2006

When following installation instructions I get 'LOCATION UNAVAILABLE ' etc.
Tried substituing E: for D: to no avail.
Is it me?
Advice welcomed.

Sibbo 11:13 23 Jan 2006

I've not got the cover CD, but I assume you are trying to install it to yourn hard drive. That will be C:\

HUGOMAT 11:23 23 Jan 2006

All the other instructions for software installation on the CD point to D: or d:
So I'm not sure about using C:
Thanks.

Belatucadrus 11:52 23 Jan 2006

C is almost invariably the hard drive and probably the most suitable place for installation. In a non partitioned drive, D is normally the CD drive and if your PC is setup this way the machine will be reading from the PCAdvisor CD at D:\Full\GENIESOFT\GBManagerV4_setup_PreAcivated.exe and attempting to install to the same drive. As the the PCAdvisor CD is't writable, this isn't possible.
If however your hard drive is partitioned, then the drive identification letters will be different and the disk drive is probably not going to be D, rendering the Installation details instructions on the CD incorrect. If this is the case change the "D" on the suggested installation path to whatever the letter is on your CD drive ( In my case "I") and run as suggested.

HUGOMAT 11:39 25 Jan 2006

Thanks for your suggestion. I did try drive E: before without success. However your reply encouraged me to try again. On doing so I realised I had been repeatedly reading Acivated as Activated. A mere mortal am I.
I can now back up my data.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?