Installing Epson C48 printer

ellymcwelly 23:18 29 Aug 2006

Hi & help!! I bought an Epson C48 printer and have tried unsuccessfully to install it on my Win2000 system. Running the Easy installation on the disc provided, it never gets past "turning it on". It is not recognised. (I tried with a Canon Pixma 1600 and couldnt load that either).

The hardware installation wizard detects new hardware but cannot complete the installation, why?

If I add the printer manually, it is listed but still is not recognised to print.

Where am I going wrong? I've checked the usual, USB ports, disabling Norton and other applications etc.

The new printer is sitting in its box and I've downloaded the driver for my old canon bubblejet (serial port) and that works alright.

Help, anyone? thanks

BT 08:31 30 Aug 2006

When installing Epson Printers it is important that you do exactly as it says regarding when to plug it in, when to switch it on etc. Try completely uninstalling it and follow all the steps in exactly the right order.

ellymcwelly 10:36 30 Aug 2006

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have exactly what is required in the right order. The hardware is detected but installing the driver fails with a message about INF not being present or found (this is using the wizard). I've also uninstalled it and re installed it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?