Installing Drivers Problem

leedsafc 17:18 17 May 2007

Having installed XP Media Center 2005 when i attempt to load the drivers i get the following error message: "1670 unable to install Installshield scripting runtime." Any ideas anyone?

RobbyMac 17:51 17 May 2007

Are you trying to install in safe mode? Some drivers will give runtime errors if you are!

skidzy 17:52 17 May 2007

Are you sure the code error is correct ?

To me it looks like it should be 1607 ?

If so,

1. Click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. Open the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Language Independent\i386.
3. Double-click Isscrpt.msi.
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

leedsafc 17:27 18 May 2007

Thanks for the replies.
No i am not installing from safe mode.
Skidzy. Sorry for the numerical dyslexia yes it should be 1607. I have tried what you suggest but i cannot find that folder. I think the problem may be during install as this is not the only file that is missing IE is also not present. I have three discs the first two install ok but the third disc which has MCE 2005 updates doesn't seem to load as when i insert the disc and click ok nothing happens and the dialogue box remains. What is your opinion?

RobbyMac 19:54 18 May 2007

Hi take a look here it gives the possible causes and solutions.
Good luck
click here

leedsafc 20:31 18 May 2007

Hi Robbymac Thanks for that i've been there but no luck as yet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?