Installing bookmarked pages on a Usb flash drive

julius44 05:51 15 Sep 2010

Hello all and good morning i'm goin to a friends place in a couple of days, and I have some bookmarked pages that I need to install on a usb flash drive and then import to his firefox and google browsers pls. Can someone pls show/tell me how to do this correctly, ive tried before, but it didn't seem to work, many thanks.
My 2 main browsers are FF and Chrome

tims31 08:46 15 Sep 2010

Why not use Foxmarks on your machine with firefox and then login to foxmarks on your friends machine with your account and you may then be able to transfer them that way. I'm sure you can then transfer the bookmarks accross somehow. Sorry but don't know how to do it via USB.

tims31 08:48 15 Sep 2010

Found another way for you:
Use the Bookmarks Manager:
In Firefox Select Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks...
In the Bookmarks Manager select File > Export... and save the bookmarks to a file (default name bookmarks.html)

Copy that file to the new computer and in Firefox open the Bookmarks Manager and select File > Import... and choose the From File option.

You can also copy more settings such as passwords, cookies and user preferences, for details see Transferring data to a new profile

robin_x 12:45 15 Sep 2010

Mozbackup is very easy and quick for FF.

click here;1

If you are going to install your bookmarks on friend's PC, don't forget to backup their bookmarks first, or you won't be very popular.

Or you may wish to consider installing FF Portable to your mem card and your bookmarks.

I haven't tried it myself or this site for downloads.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone