Installing Back up

iced_ms 00:40 02 Jul 2007

Hi folks

Before i start thanks in advance for all the help.

We have just bought my grand daughter a Samsung Q35 laptop from PC World.

The OS is Windows Vista but my grand daughter needs to have Windows XP for a couple of reasons. She is blind so she uses talking software which cannot run on Vista and she needs to use the same software as she is using in School that's why we are going to be using Windows XP pro.

So we have bought Windows XP and i'm all ready to load it onto the laptop. I've installed OS's many times so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My only concern is that if there is any problem with the laptop i will need to reload the original OS or the PC World waranty will be void.

A System Recovery Media DVD and a System Software Media DVD has come with the laptop. As i've not used a restore DVD before i just want to check i would be able to take the computer back to how it shipped with the Recovery CD?

My intention is to format the the drive before loading XP.

TIA for the help :)

mgmcc 13:06 02 Jul 2007

I would have thought that the provided disks would restore the Laptop to its original out-of-the-box state. I have a Samsung laptop running XP and the supplied CD is actually a full XP CD (not a manufacturer's "recovery" CD) except that it does check that it is being run in Samsung hardware.

However, you could check with Samsung UK explaining the situation. Their "Customer Care" details are at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?