installing adobe flash player

moggers 10:39 16 Aug 2009

Hi im trying to install adobe flash player so I can play games at work, wrong I know but its quiet!!!! Its not installing though and seems to be something to do with mcafee OAS checked the log and this line seems to be stopping it:
16/08/2009 10:27:30 Would be blocked by Access Protection rule (rule is currently not enforced) APSUKLUTWS03\admin.luton C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.26\FP_AX_CAB_INSTALLER.exe Common Maximum Protection:Prevent launching of files from the Downloaded Program Files folder Action blocked : Execute

Anyone know how I can bypass this to get flash installed? I can always uninstall and reset this when my shift is done?? Thanks in advance

crosstrainer 10:43 16 Aug 2009

If this is a work machine, your IT dept. have locked it down!! I guess you could ask if they would allow it through, but you might lose your job :))

moggers 10:47 16 Aug 2009

ha ha yeh is there anyway I can unlock it tho I am set as admin on this machine lol

crosstrainer 10:53 16 Aug 2009

Not without risking your career, or buying the network administrator a crate of his / her favourite tipple :)) I'd leave it :))

moggers 10:53 16 Aug 2009

ah well I spose im snookered then what to do now for the next 10 hours then if I got no poker on facebook and no score centre on sky?????!!!!!!???

crosstrainer 10:56 16 Aug 2009

Sys Ops do this for a reason....To stop you all playing games when you should be working :)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017