Installed Xampp as localhost

Ade_1 20:27 27 Jan 2007

Hi, I installed Xampp earlier on my computer after reading about it on the following link - click here

As you may have guessed I have installed it so that I can edit my blog and create new designs locally rather than having to upload them etc...

What I was wondering was, will this use up any of my bandwidth if the MySQL and Apache are running whilst my internet is connected or not? I don't think it would make any difference to my internet bandwidth however I needed to make doubly sure.

Thanks in advance

Aidan

Matt.tt 08:31 28 Jan 2007

Hi, although I cannot give you a definite answer on this, I can inform you from my own experience.

I use MySQL and Apeache on a computer which is always on and connected to the Internet, and have never encountered any problem with it using much bandwidth.
Of course though it does depend on your Internet connection speed, and how much bandwidth you have actually got to play with. (I use a 2mbps connection which as I said seams to be perfectly adequate for the job.)

But from my experience, I don't really think it is any to worry about unless you have a very slow Internet connection.

I hope thats makes some sense and is of some use to you.

Ade_1 11:47 28 Jan 2007

Thanks for that Matt.tt. It is definitely some use to me.

My connection varies between 1.4mbps to 2.5mbps so that would appear to be ok. Also I have a 40GB bandwidth so that should be sufficient, I just wanted to make sure, just in case.

Thanks for your help.

Aidan

powerless 13:03 28 Jan 2007

As it's local it won't touch the net.

Ade_1 17:14 28 Jan 2007

I didn't think so; I just thought it was best to ask. It is pretty self explanatory but still...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?