Installed Windows Updates keep reappearing

jonmac 12:59 12 Jun 2015

Two windows updates, KB3023224 and KB3035490 which are Security Updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7 keep on presenting themselves for download each time my PC is booted up. They appear several times on the list of successfully installed updates but each time I go to shut down the PC an exclamation mark shows on the button and a message says that it is installing them during shut down. How do I deal with this?

jonmac 14:27 14 Jun 2015

Well, it's not often this forum fails to provide any answers within 24 hrs. However I managed to find the solution myself in the Microsoft Community site so rather than leave this one unanswered here it is.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users follow these steps to repair the .NET Framework 4 [or .NET Framework 4.5.1] installation:

Close any currently running applications.

Click Start, and type Uninstall in the Search box and then click Uninstall a program.

Right-click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] to launch the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] Maintenance dialog and click uninstal.

Select Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] to its original state and click Next.

Allow the repair to complete and then click Finish.

Click Restart Now to restart your computer.

Run a manual check for updates and attempt to install the updates again. After running the Repair, reboot then test by running a manual check for updates & seeing if the .NET 4 [or .NET 4.5.1] updates will successfully install now.

CarolynC 18:52 14 Jun 2015

Glad you got it sorted then. I find mixed messages a lot from Microsoft forums myself; not a fan on them

AwkwardTurtle 15:50 18 Jun 2015

I have this problem also but it is not just NET updates with me i keep getting the same ones offered for windows,office,IE as well and they are already installed i couldn't find a solution so i just hide them now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?