Installed Webcam making PC Freeze!

Anniemol 23:06 23 Feb 2006

I've just bought a new Logitech Webcam and installed the software...as soon as I restart my PC and the webcam appears in my system tray my PC freezes. There's no way I can exit the webcam from the system tray...therefore I can't uninstall it etc.
Can someone advise me how I can get round this problem...
I'm writing this on my laptop!
Thanks...

Fred Heartsun 23:10 23 Feb 2006

start in safe mode. click start, run, type in msconfig , and stop it from running.

johnnyrocker 23:31 23 Feb 2006

did you leave the cam unconnected until the install program told you to connect?

johnny.

skidzy 23:35 23 Feb 2006

Agree with the others,do not connect the web cam till all software is loaded,or till when prompted.

Uninstall and start again.

Anniemol 23:47 23 Feb 2006

Hi guy's....yep I installed the software first and restarted PC (as instructed). Once PC started up, the on screen instructions came up asking me to plug in the webcam, which I did...the PC started to recognise the webcam but then as soon as the Webcam icon appeared in the system tray it froze. I had to turn off PC and when I started it up again as soon as the icon appears in the system tray it freezes again...it's a cycle that doesn't break!
Fred...please remind me what key I hit in start up to get in Safe Mode?

Thanks

skidzy 23:54 23 Feb 2006

f8

skidzy 23:56 23 Feb 2006

Anniemol...Hold down CTRL+ALT+DELETE check your cpu usage.....
Then have a look at the processes and see if the webcam is related to a high percentage.
If so,Best to uninstall and try again.

007al 23:59 23 Feb 2006

Try the Logitech site to see if the drivers are newer than the ones you have click here and choose your cam

Anniemol 00:02 24 Feb 2006

Skidzy...I can't get into my PC, I want to unistall it but all I can get is a frozen screen, holding down CTRL+ALT+DELETE dosen't open anything up once it's frozen.

007al 00:04 24 Feb 2006

Have you tried getting into safe mode?Tapping F8 as it boots

Anniemol 00:05 24 Feb 2006

007al....when I first installed the software before rebooting as instructed it automatically checked for updates. Now my pC is frozen I can't access anything on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?