installed ubuntu via wubi.selected 5gb as size.

Jwbjnwolf 12:35 05 Mar 2011
Answered

I have a lovely iMac 27" in which I also installed windows xp professional alongside for my windows only programs and games. I also installed ubuntu 10.10 by using the wubi installer in xp and all has worked out well until I was told I was low on disk space where as I only have used something like 4/5 gb.
I think I know what I have done wrong here, I selected for the installation size to be 5gb as I thought that was as meaning the amount of space that ubuntu can use up when it installs the system files.
I have now realised that that must be the size that ubuntu thinks the disk is.
Is there anyway that I can make it to something like 20gb without reinstall or do I need to reinstall ubuntu and correct my silly mistake that way?

LastChip 14:07 05 Mar 2011

click here and scroll about three quarters of the way down and look for "How do I resize the virtual disks?"

It is common practice in many operating systems to place your personal files in a separate partition. This would have the effect of increasing your overall system size.

Jwbjnwolf 18:08 05 Mar 2011

As I also asked on ubuntu forums, the person that replyed advised me to reinstall via a seperate partition as it is more reliable\click here
heare is the link if you wish to see.
Waisted an hour or so but so what, Got it sorted now.

I also asked here because you lot seem to help me far quicker than on ubuntu forums but I guess that that is because there is alot more users on here than on ubuntu forums but I guess this time they have supprised me by somebody able to advise me straight away

bremner 18:52 05 Mar 2011

How many partitions have you know got on the iMac

I. Mac
2. Windows
3. Linux

?

bremner 18:52 05 Mar 2011

know = now

Jwbjnwolf 14:43 06 Mar 2011
Answer

But I then had such a performance trying o get back into os x again because when I was trying to get into the startup options when mac starts up, I couldnt because it were not reconising my keyboard at the start, that is the only trouble with bluetooth and other wireless things.
But by using a wired keyboard, booted from mac install disk and selected startup disk.
so all is fine now apart from that ubuntu has done something to xp, corrupting one of the files that need to get into xp.
other prob macis not recognizing linux partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?