installed nortonsecurity now hve sound inteferance

8ball 12:13 24 Apr 2003

having installed norton internet security i now have sound interferance on any sounds generated whether it is from my hard drive or cd etc.Tried contacting the makers of the software and they are totally clueless so if any body has an idea that could help me i would appreciate it thank you.

p.s my sound was fine before installing nis and i can no longer get to a restore point without nis i now have uninstalled nis the problem still persists!

please help me!!!!!!

JoeC 12:39 24 Apr 2003

going to Symantec site and downloading the removal tool called Rnis.exe and see if it helps.

8ball 14:13 24 Apr 2003

I am using windows xp and norton internet 2003.In reply to joe c i have been to the symantec web site and it said to only use rnis.exe if when you have tried to uninstall it failed.I was able to uninstall on the add and remove programs feature but the problem stiil persists.

Terrahawk 14:28 24 Apr 2003

add and remove programs doesn't always totaly remove the program you may still have some files sitting on your system you may have to check program files and registry to see if this is the case if you do have to make changes manualy make sure you do a BACK UP first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?