Installed a new system- but its not normal!!

jack 12:14 30 Jan 2008

Having fitted a new hard drive- to replace an aging one the next task was to get a system on it.
Clone it said our chums, how I got on with that is related here click here

So Cleared the disk installed the brand new system and am currently transferring stuff and installing programs.
First puzzlement - when the system finally got itself installed instead of the default 'C' drive as primary it allocated 'H'- does not matter ofcourse so long as it works - but I wondered why it should.

Now to transferring stuff.
Docs and images - fine no prob.
Programs install afresh thats no prob.
I would love to transfer from the old disk the browser set up as I had it with all the Bookmarks and other desktop - gadgets- Having installed FireFox I hoped then transferring the contents of the folder from the old drive would make it as it was - but it didn't
So is there location to transfer stuff like that or does it stay there locked up in registry and other ungettable places?

hssutton 12:29 30 Jan 2008

I did this at the weekend, trouble is my memory is not so good (old age).

If I remember correctly I just opened Firefox, went to "Organise Bookmarks" selected the bookmark folder I wanted to save, Then File>>Export, save the file, then copied/dragged or imported it (not sure which) into Firefox on my new drive.

If it was easy for me, then it's childsplay for anyone else :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017