installed new printer driver-now have "Z" drive??

cracker23 16:28 11 Mar 2003

Have just installed a driver update for my Lexmark X85.Now in My computer I have a new Z drive showing.Same size etc as C drive but with only Lexmark files in it.The files are also showing up on C drive and in programme files.How can I get rid of Z drive and just have them in programme files as they should be? Any help much appreciated. thank you

cracker23 17:36 11 Mar 2003

anyone any ideas please?

MartinT-B 17:40 11 Mar 2003

Check what sort of files they are.

I get this with the HP Photosmart - an new drive appeared (not z tho) which is related to camera card software for the printer. The printer has the facility to print directly from the in-built card reader, bypassing the PC. These are seen as an extra drive by the PC and assigned a letter. If I plug the card ito the printer that's where the pictures appear for me to edit.

Maybe Lexmark defaults it to the last possible option thereby trying to avoid drive-mapping if you add another drive at a later date.

cracker23 17:46 11 Mar 2003

They are exactly the same files that are on C drive.No other ones just the lexmark ones

cracker23 18:46 11 Mar 2003

I uninstalled it,then as I have Tweak UI,took the ticks out of all the drive boxes that I dont want,re-installed it and everything is now ok.Thanks MartinT-B for your reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?