Installed new graphics no imrpovement

Bowzr 22:10 20 Jun 2017

Recently just purchased a evga gtx 1080 upgrading from a 750ti, I've tried playing a few games (overwatch, Rust, Borderlands 2) and it seems I'm not getting the fps you would expect out of a high end graphics card in fact I was getting random 40fps spikes in overwatch and a steady 60 other times and Borderlands 2 the fps would drop extremely low and probably would stay somewhere in the 40s or 50s. Not sure what could be the problem as I just installed it yesterday and updated all my drivers on the computer not just the ones for the 1080. Not sure if Its bottle neck or what any feedback is appreciated. For a while now, I've been experiencing a lot of scratchy sound and lag with the computer at times as well, my sound using discord or anything will become scratchy and laggy for a few seconds I assumed this might have been the graphics card being old but with this new one I am still experiencing this problem, could it be the mobo or bad ram?

Specs: Intel Core i7 6700 ASUSTeK Computer INC Z170 PRO Gaming 16GB DDR NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 APEVIA ATX-BT700W 700W ATX12V SLI CrossFire Power Supply

MJS WARLORD 22:36 20 Jun 2017

i have a gtx 1080 and it runs with no problems , what type of ram do you have on mobo , i have ddr4

Bowzr 23:03 20 Jun 2017

I have 2 ddr4 corsair 8gb ram sticks Specs: Intel Core i7 6700 ASUSTeK Computer INC Z170 PRO Gaming 16GB DDR NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 APEVIA ATX-BT700W 700W ATX12V SLI CrossFire Power Supply

Bowzr 23:04 20 Jun 2017

I was told my computer is at risk with my current power supply and possibly not getting enough power to run the 1080 atm but not sure on if that's really a problem or anything

Bowzr 23:28 20 Jun 2017

click here Just hopped on Overwatch for this to happen after a few seconds of running around

mdisil427 04:31 21 Jun 2017

May be a dumb response but are you sure you have you HDMI cable plugged into your GPU instead of your mother board. I have seen that happen before and its kinda similar to what your saying.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires