Installed a new case but need help

Conaire 13:04 28 Dec 2005

There are a few wires from my case, which i need to connect to the motherboard. I'm not sure what goes where, so i'll post an image i did to give you a better idea about what i'm on about

click here

Methedrine 13:12 28 Dec 2005

click here it might help.

Conaire 14:21 28 Dec 2005

sorry but didnt seem to help

Diodorus Siculus 14:30 28 Dec 2005

What case is it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 28 Dec 2005

What motherboard?

Conaire 14:40 28 Dec 2005

achilles gaming case

Diemmess 15:10 28 Dec 2005

Concentrating on the front USB connections.....
Methedrine's link is very accurate, but a bit long winded and covers perhaps too much!

You have a bunch of wires in the USB bundle and almost certainly individually labelled as in your link.
Now look at your motherboard together with its manual, find the USB socket and using the blank pin to orientate yourself plug the leads in one at a time keeping 1s and 2s in the same row.

The important thing is to be sure VCC and GND go in the correct place (otherwise smoke signals), while + and - in the wrong place will merely not work, so can be swapped around.

The other leads can be puzzled out with your manual.
Any not connected will only make some of the lights and front microphone not work

Conaire 15:25 28 Dec 2005

i can now start the computer up but the problem now is i cannot shut it down as it will just restart

Conaire 15:35 28 Dec 2005

it is an al845ge motherboard

Conaire 16:40 28 Dec 2005

ive just found another two wires power sw and reset sw

Diodorus Siculus 16:56 28 Dec 2005

power sw: power switch

reset sw: reset switch

When you say that it can/t shut down, do you mean via windows or by pressing the switch? If the latter it is simply that you have the buttons wired up wrongly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?