Installation of Redshift 5

glo 15:03 22 Apr 2007

I have managed to install Redshift 5 from the magazine up tp the installation of the AIM Ctrls but then get "Error Preparing Installation", start installation again. I have tried in SAFE Mode with the same result.I have even tried installing the AIM Ctrls separately again with the same result. Using Windows XP Media Centre, any ideas?

RickyC :-) 15:18 22 Apr 2007

I think you may need to download and install the latest version of the AIMEngine.

click here for the installation file (this is a 'Preview TinyURL' - click on 'Proceed to this site' to download the executable file).

According to their support site, the installer messages are in German but the AIMEngine itself is compatible with the English version of RedShift. It installed and worked dependably on their test computers. RedShift 5 uses the AIMEngine to show the Help Manual, the AstroDictionary and the PhotoGallery.

More support assistance available from the developers' webite - click here for details

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?