Install update 1of 1

bumpkin 21:50 03 Jul 2010

Hi everyone, whenever I shut down my PC
I get the message "installing updates one of one"
I would like my updates the same as anyone else
but this message has appeared for weeks and there are no further updates just this message every time
I try to shut down.

Bumpkin

lotvic 22:39 03 Jul 2010

Is it a Microsoft Update? and are you letting it install on shutdown?

There are some MS updates that do do this, so it could be just normal like everyone else.

Usually there is also the message telling you it will finish the pc shut down when the update has finished installing.

birdface 08:50 04 Jul 2010

Do you use MSE by any chance.
As that will download whether you want it or not.
Or switch off automatic updates and update manually.
That way you only download the updates that you want.
Try the manual update and check what updates have been installed and in this case the one that is not being installed.
You can double click on it and a box will open underneath just tick do not show this update again.

bumpkin 19:23 04 Jul 2010

Hi again, the update is KB951847 but it will not install, keeps trying every time I shut down but wont install.Probably 20 attempts.

lotvic 20:17 04 Jul 2010

KB951847 is .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86
Date last published: 1/27/2009
Download size: 248.4 MB
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a full cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes cumulative servicing updates to the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 subcomponents. The .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides important application compatibility updates.

seems lots of others have problem with this too, google for KB951847
Try solution from Microsoft click here
Method 2: Use the .NET Framework automatic cleanup tool

Just a thought, have you actually got .NET Framework 3.5 installed? it might be trying to update what you haven't got.

northumbria61 22:10 04 Jul 2010

"Just a thought, have you actually got .NET Framework 3.5 installed? it might be trying to update what you haven't got" - by lotvic

OR it might be trying to update what you already HAVE installed. Check in your Updates.

lotvic 23:56 04 Jul 2010

That's a thought, might already be updated and it's trying to do it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017