install madasafish broadband on win98

sugarbabe 10:27 30 Jan 2009

Hi trying to install madasafish broadband on win98 machine. No ethernet port so need to set up wirelessly is this possible to do???

MAJ 10:37 30 Jan 2009

Yes.

Do you have a wireless modem router, a USB wireless adapter and another computer (owned, borrowed or stolen) to setup the router? Or you could buy a PCI Ethernet card for about a fiver from your local PC shop and install it in your own PC.

pk46 12:53 30 Jan 2009

I would be looking at changing your OS i wouldn't go on line with W98 unsupported since 2006 your computer is wide open.

MAJ 13:15 30 Jan 2009

cue woodchip.................

sugarbabe 15:54 31 Jan 2009

i can take my laptop with me and set up router. How do i install adapter on his 98 pc though. will the disc work which adaspter should i buy??

MAJ 16:10 31 Jan 2009

One of these click here will do, sugarbabe. It'll come with a CD with the drivers on it.

Devil Fish 17:06 31 Jan 2009

I would be looking at changing your OS i wouldn't go on line with W98 unsupported since 2006 your computer is wide open.

absolute rubbish

i know several people who are still running windows 98 and going on the internet without any problems at all

good firewall upto date Antivirus and Antispyware
a good dollop of common sense when it comes to what sites you visit and what you download 98 should be fine

sugarbabe 13:08 01 Feb 2009

Any ideas what wireless adapter i should buy and how to install it

MAJ 16:38 01 Feb 2009

Didn't you read my last post, sugarbabe?

sugarbabe 10:23 02 Feb 2009

Sorry MAJ just seen it will follow advice and buy that one. Will it def install with win 98 cause i got printer and that refused to load.

woodchip 10:39 02 Feb 2009

It should work ok on 98se no problems, its only when you start loading CDs that you get problems. All you need is the User name and Password to setup a new connection in Control Panel. But the Easy way to go is using a Wireless Router\Modem You then have Ethernet to setup from and can turn on Wireless as and when you need to. It needs to be first setup with Ethernet Cable and get it running before setting up Encryption for Wireless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?