install GeFORCE FX5200 problem

Zapit 20:27 30 Mar 2008

I recently replaced my old MS-8816 32mb graphics card with a inno3D 256mb GeForce FX5200 card to cope with newer games. Using the setup disc I get so far then it says "NVIDIA setup prog could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will exit." I am using AGP slot and my motherboard is MS-6702 which says slot will support 8x/4x/2x/1x cards. My monitor ia a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW using a digital connection. Not sure now if I have bought an incompatible card, although it seemed like it should be OK. Reasonable display but not using card to full potential. Need some expert advice please!

Acx 20:49 30 Mar 2008

If this is what you bought

click here

Click downloads and it lists drivers by operating system

Although its a bit strange if you used the setup disc that came with the card and it could not locate drivers compatible with your current hardware. Did you follow the instruction booklet, in some cases you need to run the setup disc before inserting the card.

Strawballs 21:00 30 Mar 2008
  Zapit 21:01 30 Mar 2008

Hi Acx, yes that's the card I bought. I've just checked the install instructions again and they say hardware installation first then install drivers.

Armchair 21:02 30 Mar 2008

Assuming you're using Windows XP.........

1) Download this to your desktop

click here

2) Go into Add or Remove Programmes, and get rid of your old drivers.

3) Switch off, swap cards, restart.

4) Ignore any negative bumpf that appears! Click it away. Double click on the drivers you downloaded, install them, then restart your PC. SHould just work.........

Zapit 21:24 30 Mar 2008

Thanks all for advice. Followed Strawballs link and downloaded latest drivers from NVIDIA site. The programe ran right through and can now see all controls etc. No problems now. Thanks Strawballs

Strawballs 21:35 30 Mar 2008

No problem glad to be able to help that is the same card that is in my daughters machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?