Install Acronis.

Meshuga 11:54 25 Mar 2007

I have just downloaded Acronis TI v10 and paid for it and all went well untill I try to install it. Part way through the installation I get a message saying "The installation was interupted and could not completed, Please try again." How do I get this to install please. I am not doing anything else while it is installing so what would interupt it? I`ve tried a number of times.

anskyber 12:23 25 Mar 2007

Your anti virus would. Temporarily disable your AV for the install process.

Meshuga 12:24 25 Mar 2007

Thank you anskyber, I`ll try that later.

Meshuga 12:35 25 Mar 2007

Hi anskyber, disabling AV made no difference.

freaky 12:37 25 Mar 2007

If you do as anskyber suggests and it will not install, then temporarily disable your firewall as well.

anskyber 12:38 25 Mar 2007

Acronis will allow more than one download attempt. It is possible your original download was corrupted so it might be worth trying a fresh download.

Technotiger 12:39 25 Mar 2007

Also if you have a Screensaver running, disabled that too. Having downloaded Acronis to your PC, go off-line to do the Installation.

mattyc_92 12:40 25 Mar 2007

If you are using a Firewall with a 'OS Firewall' built in (such as ZoneAlarm Pro), I suggest closing it (as well as any Anti-Virus, Spyware Removers, etc...) before proceeding.

How long does it take to get to this 'Error'? TrueImage should install within 3 minutes (in theory and depending on your system's performance)

Meshuga 13:04 25 Mar 2007

Hi all, Have done all that was suggested except another download with no success.
mattyc_92, the message appears about 2 minutes after starting installation.

Would I be more likely to have success if, instead of another download, I tried to install from the Coverdisk from the May issue of PCA.?

anskyber 13:15 25 Mar 2007

It might but my DVD version does not have Acronis TI v 10 on it.

anskyber 13:18 25 Mar 2007

Can I assume you are trying to install on XP with SP2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?