Inserting photos to M/S Word 2000

comstat 10:30 14 Dec 2008

Have used M/S Word 2000 successfullly for years
constructing doc. and have inserted dozens of photos so far. However, on continuing with doc. and wanting to insert further photos. Instead of the photo I get about 7000 pages of basic/computer speak whatever it is!
Have Windows XP/SP2. Can anyone tell me what has happened or what needs to be done please

Technotiger 11:42 14 Dec 2008

In the absence of any other input - and a pure guess, I would say that perhaps your pics have become corrupted or that perhaps you are suffering from a Malware attack.

If you don't already have it, Google for SuperAntiSpyware or similar, and give your computer a sweep!

MAJ 11:50 14 Dec 2008

Word 2000 had problems with corrupt normal.dot files, that's the default global template that you see when you start Word, it's usually a blank dcument unless you have deliberately changed it yourself. A corrupt normal.dot file caused all sorts of problems in Word 2000 (and some other versions of Word).
With that in mind, close Word and do a search of your hard drive for all instances of the "normal.dot" (without the quotes) file. When you find it/them, there can be more than one, delete it/them. Then restart Word, which will create a brand new normal.dot file. It might cure the problem.

comstat 14:18 14 Dec 2008

Thanks MAJ. Tried that but no files found. Did remove and reinstall M/S Word 2000 but with the same result.

comstat 14:22 14 Dec 2008

Thanks Technotiger. No malware. Think that M/S Word 2000 is isolated case because I can insert the same photos in other docs etc:

VoG II 14:39 14 Dec 2008

Yo do have a normal.doT but it is a hidden file.

Click Start, click Search, click All files and folders, and then click More advanced options.

Click to select the Search hidden files and folders check boxes.

Now search for normal.doT and rename it to normal.old. Then start Word.

comstat 15:24 14 Dec 2008

Bravo VoG It has woked Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone