Inserting Flash into dreamweaver

rogerkohn 10:09 22 Jul 2008

I'm a beginner trying to insert a revolving globe (without rectangular background) in Flash into a Dreamweaver html page. Can't lose the background around the revolving globe... any suggestions???

MAJ 23:52 23 Jul 2008

Make the globe's background the same colour as your page.

rogerkohn 09:16 24 Jul 2008

Yes Maj... I have tried that but the background is a complex artwork and it's not a perfect match. I suppose the only way to do it is to make the whole thing a Flash artwork – including overlaid text??

MAJ 18:29 25 Jul 2008

Unless it's really essential for your website and really small, I would try not to use Flash at all, rogerkohn. Let us see what you're trying to do when you get the chance.

rogerkohn 10:57 27 Jul 2008

Thanks Maj. Got to learn how to incorporate Flash in a controlled way. The only way I can create this site as I want it is to do the whole thing in Flash.... take a peek at the story so far...

click here

You can see I'm a designer and not a programmer! I'm Mac based and find it frustrating that previewing in Mac's Safari browser looks different to viewing in Opera for example. I can overlay type in Dreamweaver over a Flash file but although it shows in Safari it appears BEHIND the Flash file in Opera.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?