Insert signature in Outlook

hilvalen 10:05 12 Sep 2006

When composing an email in outlook I used to be able to click Insert/Signature/... and select one of a number of signatures that I had set up. Since upgrading to Outlook 2003, Signature has disappeared from the Insert menu. When I checked Help it says use Insert/Signature/... so I think my menue(s) has got corrupted somehow. Any thoughts please?

ArrGee 11:23 12 Sep 2006

Insert - Autotext - Signature, then choose the signature you wish to insert.

hilvalen 18:04 12 Sep 2006

Thanks but Signature is not one of the options after Insert/Autotext. The options are: Attention line, Closing, Header/Footer, Mailing instructions, Reference line, Salutation, Reference line

VoG II 18:16 12 Sep 2006

Go to create a new message. Then right click a toolbar, select Customise. Click Insert in the left hand pane then Signature in the right pane, keep the left mouse button depressed and drag it and drop it onto a toolbar.

hilvalen 08:32 13 Sep 2006

Signature is still not one of the options.

ArrGee 11:31 13 Sep 2006

It sounds as if you are using Word as your email editor. The easiest way would be to create a number of signatures (Tools - Options - Mail Format - Signatures) and set one as a default.

When you then create a new message, right-click on the default signature, and an option will (or should) appear giving a list of your different signatures to choose from.

hilvalen 18:24 13 Sep 2006

You've got it! Word was selected as the email editor. I don't remember doing this deliberately. When I turn it off then Signatures appears again on teh Insert menu. Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?