insert plain coloured panel into slideshow

Yimbo 11:42 27 Mar 2009

I'm using "Magix Photos on CD & DVD deluxe 6" to compile slideshows. Does anyone know how to insert a plain coloured panel at the beginning of the slide sequence? I want to put the titles etc on to this, but all I seem to be able to do is insert text over an actual photo?

I've tried the Magix Forum for help - but everyone seems to have gone on holiday or something!!!

woody 14:40 27 Mar 2009

Can you not just use a "blank" picture?

Insert a picture as normal but make it all one colour.

Yimbo 16:51 27 Mar 2009

Sounds good - but how might I do what you suggest? How do I make a photo "all one colour? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious!

BT 17:00 27 Mar 2009

I do exactly this. In your photo program open a new blank canvas and fill it with a single colour, then just save as a jpeg or similar. You can also make nice backgrounds for titles by using gradient fills.

BT 17:06 27 Mar 2009

Here's one I did for a Photostory3 slideshow, using a gradient fill.

click here

Yimbo 11:43 28 Mar 2009

I like your idea - but as I'm a bit of a novice at this - can you take me further? "photo program" - what might this be - and how do I "open a new blank canvas"?
Sorry to take up your time - but I'd appreciate your help. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:05 28 Mar 2009

Use Paint
Fill blank canvas with colour of your choice -
save as -
select jpg instead of 24bit bmp from drop down menu
give it name and click ok

audeal 12:24 28 Mar 2009

I use Potoshop to import a photo and then clear the picture and fill the frame with colour, then save it as a title photo (eg. My Trip To London) to my desktop. Then in the slide show program I import it as another photo into the correct position. This works well for me.

BT 16:43 28 Mar 2009

There really is no need to inport a photo in Photoshop or Paint. Just goto file>new and click OK in the 'New' box that comes up. You then have a blank canvas that you can fill with any colour or gradient that you wish.

audeal 19:57 28 Mar 2009

BT: Thanks for that tip. I will give it a try next time I make up a slide show. Last year was the first time I attempted to make a slide show so I did it the way I thought of. Now I know better. Thanks.

Yimbo 17:06 01 Apr 2009

Thanks for the responses! I'm giving them a go!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?