Insert photo in Powerpoint

SWEENEY TOD 15:15 27 Apr 2010

When i insert a photo into Powerpoint the full picture is not visible when viewed without using the side and bottom slide bars. Long time since i used Powerpoint and have forgot. Doe's anyone know how to format the photo so i can view all of picture ?

northumbria61 15:24 27 Apr 2010

Sweeney Tod - is there anything here that would help?

click here

northumbria61 15:32 27 Apr 2010

There's also info here that you may find helpful - I don't use Powerpoint so I can't advise any further.

click here

SWEENEY TOD 15:37 27 Apr 2010

Thanks Northumbria 61, i will have a look, its something to do formatting as i thought. Maybe they won't transfer directly from file without re-scanning in a different way

northumbria61 15:48 27 Apr 2010

There is a bit in the 1st LINK I sent you - "Is there some way to prepare photos so they display well in PowerPoint?

Rahere 15:52 27 Apr 2010

If the picture's too big you may be able to resize it in Powerpoint by selecting and dragging corner to shrink it

OR better practice would be to resize using a photo editing tool - photoshop, picasa or even the nifty Microsoft Image Resizer - This PowerToy for XP enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click. click here

Woolwell 17:46 27 Apr 2010

I have found that it is important that the edges of the photo match the edges of the underlying slide as near as possible. I do this by resizing by selecting and dragging corners and sides but I haven't found an automatic way of doing it. There should be a quick way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?