Input lock ups

Josquius 15:54 30 Mar 2006

I think I may have posted this many months back when the problem first occured however it then went away mostly and is only now coming back.
What happened was- my input kept freezing up. My mouse would stop working for a few seconds then come back on with a loud system beep maybe moving full speed in one direction. My keyboard too would totally lock up (even not turning the lock lights on). Occasionally input would totally die leaving me having to reset the computer.
This problem however mostly went away when I went away to university- my mouse still locked up on occasion but there was nothing critical.
Now however back at home and its becoming a serious pain in the arse again. Not as bad as it once was but...still horrible.
I'm on windows XP and am using a standard optical mouse and keyboard.

hargranules 16:06 30 Mar 2006

If yopu go to System and Device manager, you could try rolling back drivers for keyboard and mouse. or re - install drivers

Have you got up to date anti - virus?

Josquius 16:15 30 Mar 2006

I can't remember ever updating mouse/keyboard drivers. And as I said this is a problem from months back that has just returned.
I did have anti virus until a day or two ago andf I also regularly use hijack this and the like.

Josquius 13:39 02 Apr 2006

I think it was because my mouse wire was running under my keyboard (its certainly better now it isn't...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone