Innapropriate browser/dial up:

lillydrop 08:58 25 May 2007

Inappropriate browser/dial up:

I accidentlly omited a few words so I will rephrase my question:-
I downloaded an ebay tool from safeguard site.
However I have since noticed that two unusual things now happen as a result, as follows:-

1) when clicking on the tool bar "Rover cars ebay ....."appears in my browser. then within an instant (in the same browser) it is replaced by the correct Ebay address click here..." Does anyone know this happens?

2)Also at the bottom of the screen sometimes a dial up automatically starts flashing on and off with the Ebay icon present, which also brings up a dial up window for me to press connect to go on line.
This is not the the usual dial up connection, nor the usual icon that normally appears, nor that I already have with my telecommunications company.
Would be grateful for any ideas, answers solutions etc, on the above questions.

brundle 09:14 25 May 2007

Uninstall it and replace with the official Ebay toolbar? click here
. It's not entirely clear what you are using at the moment...

mocha 09:33 25 May 2007

You could go to 'Control Panel', 'add or remove programs' and see if the software you downloaded/installed is listed there, if so remove it.

You dont say which browser you are using, if it's IE7 then you can go to 'tools', 'Manage add-ons' and disable the browser extension you dont want from there. That would sort out your ' "Rover cars ebay ....."appears in my browser.' but would not get rid of your 'Dial up Ebay Icon'.

You say 'sometimes a dial up automatically starts flashing on and off with the Ebay icon present'. Be carefull not to use this icon unless you are sure of its authenticity. Some dial up connections can re-direct you onto premium rate lines where you will be paying high rates.

Hope this helps.

lillydrop 17:22 25 May 2007

Mocha and Brundle your advise is much appreciated, and a great help. I will attempt to try these methods out.Thank you.
kind regards,
Anne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?