Inks - Genuine or Compatible ??

Taunton1 11:43 05 Jul 2006

What is the general view of using Genuine inks or one of the various compatible inks. I had a messy experience using a Canon compatible some years ago and ever since I have used Genuine Inks in both my Epson R300 and HP750.

The cost of genuine inks is a concern, but is it a price to pay for getting consistent quality.

Or is the question like the VW Beetle you either love it or hate it!!!
Derek

rawprawn 11:48 05 Jul 2006

I have used compatible inks from Choice Stationary click here for abut 4 years with no problems at all.

Shortstop 11:52 05 Jul 2006

But then I have no need for 'perfect' printing such as pictures as I only print web pages for my own benefit or letters.

Regards,

Paul

fazer 13:26 05 Jul 2006

I've used "Orink"-make ink for about a year mostly for photographs; they are dirt cheap (compared to Epsom anyway) and have no complaints regarding quality.

However, and this may be a big but; the black cartridges do appear to clog up easily especialy when they haven't been used for a while.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:30 05 Jul 2006

Used inks from Choice stationery for 3 years and they are excellent. If I do not use the printer for a month or two they still work perfectly.

G

Stuartli 13:31 05 Jul 2006

I also have an Epson R300 and always use compatible cartridges for it - never had a blockage or problem whether used for plain paper, Epson Premium Photo Paper or printable CD-Rs.

The cheapest compatibles I can buy come from click here and cost about £4 for a full set of six plus p and p.

Buying three sets or more makes the most of the next day CityLink delivery cost.

pj123 16:20 05 Jul 2006

Me too. I have an Epson 895 and an Epson R220.

I have always used Choice Stationery for ink after the original supplied cartridges run out.

Never had any problem. Even better now because on my R220 I have just installed a Continuous Ink System. No need for replacement cartridges, just top up the reservoirs.

Stuartli 16:28 05 Jul 2006

Epson achieved this "victory" the other day:

click here

SG Atlantis® 16:54 05 Jul 2006

compatibles every time.

Even if it messes your printer (they won't) choice give a guarantee that they'll fix or replace it.

So you can't lose, huge savings and a guarantee.

pj123 17:44 05 Jul 2006

Thanks Stuartli, but what is the difference between using compatible cartridges (from whatever source) and the CCIS?

Unlike Software (which you only buy a licence to use) the printer belongs to me. If I want to put water in the cartridges what has that got to do with Epson? Having already got a CIS System (and another one on the way, hopefully) there are plenty of bulk ink suppliers from where I can top up my reservoirs.

Mark10 18:05 05 Jul 2006

I also have a R300 and always use compatible inks. And i also use choice stationary. No problems at all with either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?