Inkjet Refill Kits

Dirk Diggler 16:07 23 Apr 2007

I have a Lexmark X1270 all-in-one and although it was cheap to buy it has done a sterling job for many a month now - but now comes refill time!!

Now I knew Lexmark cartridges were on the pricey side compared to Epsom etc but have noticed you can buy Inkjet Refill Kits (from Tescos of all places)

My question is: has anyone refilled the carts for an X1270 or used the refill kits and how easy / efficient / cost effective are they? (Okay I know that was more than one question lol)

Many thanks

MAJ 16:11 23 Apr 2007

Have you thought about compatibles? click here

Dirk Diggler 16:16 23 Apr 2007

I have looked at those but they are still around the £25 mark for a set - bearing in mind I only paid £25 for the all-in-one lol

Will definately go down that road if the refill kits turn out to be a no-go

Thanks

wee eddie 16:17 23 Apr 2007

There is a considerable potential to create a great deal of mess with Refill Kits, and does that ink stain!

Wak 16:42 23 Apr 2007

Hi, I have been refilling Lexmark cartridges for about 7 years now and must have saved literally hundreds of pounds.
Filling cartridges is only as filthy as you make it and you certainly get a lot faster and cleaner with practise. Best done the first time over a sheet of newspaper near the kitchen sink until you get the hang of it and DON'T let the cartridge fully dry out before filling it
I would suggest that you buy a colour refill kit which should cost you about £8.00 and give it a try.
You should be able to refill the colour cartridge about 10 times depending upon the cartridge, at a cost of £0.80 per cartridge (as opposed to £25/30 for a new one).
Read the instructions, go slow (allow about 15/20 seconds per colour when injecting the ink, take care and you should be OK.
The most you can lose is £8.00 and a bit of time, the gains can be terrific, and a drop of weak bleach or lemon juice will soon clean any inky fingers.

Stuartli 16:58 23 Apr 2007

The Tesco refill inkjet bottles are rebadged JR products - or were last time I used them.

Occasionally there is a BOGOF offer on them.

IIRC the Morrison's equivalents are the same, but can't be exact.

By the way I used to use surgical gloves or the clear plastic gloves provided at petrol stations for filling up with diesel fuel to keep the ink off my hands when I refilled a Canon printer's cartridges.

It takes a long time to get rid of the stains...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?