Inkjet All-in-one Printers

avesnes1 17:14 08 Jan 2010

After twelve years of using Epson printers, my current machine (DX4050) has started to give inconsistent results when using compatible cartridges. (and I read elsewhere on this site that others have had a similar experience.)

Hence I am contemplating buying a new all-in-one inkjet. Budget is upto £75-£80, usage at home is low and space is not a problem.

I would appreciate members' views and recommendations as to which machines I ought to be considering given my recently acquired apprehension about Epson products.

mooly 17:29 08 Jan 2010

I have a DX4050 and found compatables rubbish. The only ones I use are Jettecs,
click here
which are available at reasonable prices if you google it. They have 90% longer life to than originals.
Can't fault them... or the DX4050 come to that.

The Kestrel 17:50 08 Jan 2010

I too am looking to buy an all-in-one printer and am considering the Epson SX515W click here .

avesnes1 16:25 09 Jan 2010

Mooly and The Kestrel - thanks for the replies - the PC World price for the SX515W is being matched by Comet at the moment.

Any other general comments/guidance from members would be much appreciated.

interzone55 17:41 09 Jan 2010

I've just bought an HP Photosmart C6280, it isn't cheap (£250 RRP, but bought ex-display from Staples for £73.83) but it's much, much better than any of the Epson printers I've had in the past.

HP have a number of budget printers that are probably in your price range, such as this click here

Grey Goo 23:10 09 Jan 2010

Always been an Epson person but bought the wife a Canon Pixma MP640 for Christmas. Absolutely superb, wireless, duplex printing and DVD printing. I really must let her use it sometime. A bit over your budget but comes with a load of applications and sets itself up pretty much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache