Ink waste tank

catpwss 22:01 26 Sep 2010

Just fitted an ciss to my epson r285 a few days ago,and been reading about an ink waste tank.But can find how to do it on the printer in question,Has anyone done this procedure to an R285 if so can you please assit me on how to do it.
And do I really need to install the tank?
Many thanks

Chas49 22:18 26 Sep 2010

This link may interest you....ckick here click here

woodchip 23:49 26 Sep 2010

If there is a Plate at the back take it off and have a look see if you can see the waste pipe. this would be at the Printer start position . If you can see the pipe pull it up and put it in a low flat type container so it does not tip

catpwss 09:21 27 Sep 2010

Thanks both for reply, Chas49 that info remarks on resetting the printer would it be possible for you to update on that point?.
woodchip,also thanks to you regarding your reply do you say just extend the existing tube into a container without the resetting procedure.
Can you explain a little more if possible.
This is my first posting here I'm not very technical minded.
Thanks.

Chas49 12:23 27 Sep 2010

catpwss:

I only wish that I could - I know nothing on the subject at all - merely thought that the page I came across would be of interest. Sorry 8-(

jack 12:33 27 Sep 2010

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

woodchip 13:19 27 Sep 2010

No after fitting the Talk you need to reset if the Service message as popped up, if not wait till it does

woodchip 13:20 27 Sep 2010

Tank not Talk

catpwss 13:29 27 Sep 2010

woodchip.If the service message does poppup,How do I re set the printer?.And does it matter which side of the printer I place the bottles of ink,Most images are shown to the right side of the printer.
Thanks.

jack 14:46 27 Sep 2010

See my illustration of where to put the tank
Also it should be slightly lower than the base of the printer to aid flow.
In the text you will see a mention to ssc.com as a utility to reset the counters.
Also the counters cant be rest by pressing combination's of the buttons, but this varies from machine model to machine model.
Typically you with the machine off you hold down one or more button whilst doing this switch on.
There can lbe a huge clattering and moaning and groaning- dont worry it will get over it[This is the machine I am talking about]
For more information of resetting various models of Epson printers go to the Epson Forum at
click here

john bunyan 17:09 27 Sep 2010

I had a Canon MP760 and found how to reset the counter, but in the end a load of ink seeped out of the bottom and stained my desk.Removing and cleaning the pads is a bit hairy, but maybe the only answer as I was quoted over £100 for a service to do it. I wish there were an option for an external waste ink tank. If you reset the counters, do put your printer on a leakproof tray!
I would be vey interested to hear how you get on with jack's method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone